Most jewelry owners are unsure what their jewelry is worth. You will want to have an expert appraise your jewelry.
Here are some reasons you should have an appraisal:
• You would like to be sure someone else didn’t overcharge you.
• You are thinking about selling your jewelry.
• You will not receive coverage if your jewelry wasn’t appraised.
The value of your pieces of jewelry can change over time. Jewelry owners really should have their jewelry pieces appraised at least once every three years.
You will want to find out whether a jeweler is qualified before you ask them to do an appraisal. Here are some factors you should think about before choosing one to do an appraisal.
What to Look for When You Get a Jewelry Appraisal in Santa Rosa CA
You will want to know what to look for while you are looking for a jeweler to appraise your jewelry. You need to verify that the jeweler is certified before asking them to appraise your jewelry.
Ask them if they have earned a Graduate Gemologist degree from a legitimate gemologist school. You need to ensure that are part of the National Association of Jewelry Appraisals. A membership with these organizations shows that they have the training and experience necessary to do an appraisal. There are also a few other reputable organizations that may indicate they have the right training and experience. Additional organizations include the American Gem Society, the American Association of Appraisers and the International Society of Appraisers.
Appraisers must have at least two years of experience to be a member of these organizations. A jeweler will also need a minimum of 5 years in the industry before they can become a high-ranking member of most reputable organizations.
You need to ask the gemologist how how many years they have been doing appraisals. You will want to hire someone who has more than five years of experience.
You ought to hire someone who always does a good job. The will need to give you testimonials from other clients.
I have been a jeweler for over 25 years years. I was a jeweler in one of the best stores in California for over 10 years. I have served a number of clients who can testify to the quality of the work I do. Please feel free to contact me if you would like an appraisal.
Traps to Avoid While Getting a Jewelry Appraisal
A few jewelers are not completely unscrupulous or do not have the proper training to do an appraisal. Here are some factors you will want to take into consideration:
• Unethical jewelers will charge clients higher fees when they appraise more expensive pieces. You should ask to pay the jeweler based on how much time was needed to do the job.
• Make sure any accreditation the jeweler holds were issued by a legimiate organization. A number of societies issue certificates to everyone who pays a fee. You will only want to work with a gemologist who is a member of the American Gem Society.
• Some jewelers are not qualified to determine the value of specific types of jewelry. Jewelers usually use annual industry reports to estimate how much your gemstones are worth. An appraiser needs to have use different equipment and additional training to calculate the value of an antique piece because there will be other variables they will need to consider. These variables can include the age, condition and the cut of the piece. Verify that the jeweler has the necessary equipment to do the appraisal.
Work with a jeweler with professional liability insurance. This insurance will cover you from any mistakes they might make.
You need to do your research when when you need a jewelry appraisal. Only work with a reliable professional who is certified and experienced.
Work With Me
You spent a lot of money for your jewelry. You will want to know what it’s worth. I suggest you call me if you want a jewelry appraisal in Santa Rosa CA.
2420 Magowan Dr
Santa Rosa, CA 95405